Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Messages Sent as Little Reminders

Since coming home from holidays, I have been working non-stop from morning to night. I’ve had my head stuck in my computer, and I am so driven creatively that I am having trouble keeping up with the speed of my thoughts. I don’t really think that I am aware of very much that is going on around me, and yet, I am still managing to get regular, daily chores completed. I have definitely been ignoring my family, but I am justifying my behaviour assuming they can take care of themselves as I am dealing with uncontrolled inspiration and September deadlines.

And then I had someone send me a little reminder, two actually…. My daughter leaned over my shoulder when she got up this morning and asked me “Why are you working all the time?” I explained to her that my programs were beginning in September and that I had a lot to prepare before then. She smiled and walked away.

Later in the day, she provided me with my second reminder. She walked into the family room, threw in a DVD of our favourite series, leaned over the couch and said, “Why don’t you come and take a little break, mom?” She had me, right there as she looked into my eyes, and waited for my answer. I closed my computer, made us coffee and watched The Gilmore Girls, all of season 4.

Sometimes we need to listen to the messages that are sent to us by a variety of sources. It is so important to listen to our own feelings, our intuition, and our physical aches and pains. However, there are times when we get so absorbed in our inspiration and motivation that we do not receive the messages that we are sending to ourselves. This is when we need to be awake to what others are feeling, thinking and sending our way. Someone else’s intuition can be just as in line with our own, and yet, relayed much clearer. It is always our choice to listen or not………

1 comment:

  1. That Olivia.... she's a smart girl!! I love that you were open to her distraction technique. xo

    ReplyDelete