Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Am Red

I feel good around the colour red, the deep, rich red of warmth that comes from the dresses of flamingo dancers and the native art that makes me stop to look.  This shade of red fills me with energy and creativity,  and it brings me genuine joy.  I don't need to wear it or touch it; just looking at it serves up some wondrous love.  It is the love that we provide to others and stems from the love we nurture in ourselves.

The colour red is related to the base chakra and self awareness; the awareness of ourselves as human beings and our spiritual place on earth.  Red gives us courage and strength, and it relates to stability and security.  In times of vulnerability I sub-consciously yearn for the presence of red and all that it gives to me.  When I so choose to wear it, I feel empowered because it brings out the confidence that comes from caring for myself and all that I and all of us deserve.  When I need a reminder, I wrap myself up in its fabric and breath in its warmth and power.  I then become what the colour red provides me; great strength.

2 comments:

  1. We should try to remember this on time of need, a visualization exercise could be very helpful sometimes! Thank you Diana, for reminding me! Please bring some heat when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had to paint a feature wall in red to satisfy my need. My red passion has not left me yet, and that was about 6 years ago. The only colour that I respond to more would be pink - a close cousin to red. xo

    ReplyDelete