Monday, February 27, 2012

Customer Service in the Rainy South

Being here in Port St. Lucie, Florida for the last 4 days has been very eventful as we have had rain every day since we arrived.  This has moved us directly into full shopping mode which my daughter and I have decided to welcome with great enthusiasm.  The sun should be shining by tomorrow offering us 6 days of poolside relaxation and book reading time. 

During our shopping spree we stopped at the Pulix grocery store and experienced customer service extroidinaire!!  Where I come from, gone are the days when an extra clerk packs your bags and then pushes your cart to your car and unloads them into your trunk.  When my husband offered her a tip, she stepped back and graciously thanked him while indicating that she was not allowed to accept his gratuity.  I felt like I was moving through a dream where my standards of customer service were not only being met but, were being exceded by leaps and bounds.  I had already been blown away by the cashier's smile and conversation as she asked how we were doing, and where we were from.  She was courteous, energetic and even provided us with a cloth bag for our wine without charging us for it.  When we walked out of the store she called out to "have a great day", and gave us a wave and a smile. 

Although, I love Canada as my home, I have to say that the people of Florida have proven that customer service is alive and extremely well.  xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Glad you've been able to keep busy. We have just seen the first of the rain tonight, but it was a relief after a hot day. Enjoy your vaca.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to hear you got the shopping out of the way - now you can relax and enjoy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Frndz....
    Nice post!..good information,it is really helpful..it really impressed me alot and i just loved it.Thanks for posting such an informative content..

    Pack Out Services St. Lucie

    ReplyDelete