Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Letting My Mind Wander.........

After a few days on holidays I am finally ino a bit of a groove.  I am a creature of habit so, it always takes me a bit before I feel completely at ease in a new environment.  This morning was the first time that I felt I was into a good flow as I walked around the beautiful driving range at the PGA Centre for Golf Learning & Performance in Port St. Lucie.  After 15 minutes I was well past the training centre and within my thoughts as I absorbed the smell of grass and felt the sun beating down on me. 

It is during times like these when minutes turn quickly into an hour, and I feel like I am connected with the universe in some special way.  Difficult to describe, it is the same experience people feel when they have finally established their spiritual place in their world.  It is what most of us seek for a very long time, but sometimes make it more complicated than it has to be.  Often, it is right in front of us, and it is waiting for us to leap towards and take advantage of it. 

For me, it is a long walk in the woods or a sit down with paper, pens, and stamps.  For my daughter, it is a long run in solitude where she is able to think deeply and with abandon.  For my son and my husband, it is that long walk along the golf course where nature and people meet with cameradie, peace and calm.  For a close friend of mine, it happens within the sanctuary of her church where she can kneel, pray and find comfort in the presence of her God.  For yet another, it occurs throughout her morning yoga and meditation practice.  It is spirituality; the natural force that many of us fight in order to survive the busyness of the day and the chaos of our society as it is today.  We worry about slowing down as it may break our pattern of getting things done.  We have conditioned ourselves to keep the momentum going so that not a moment is lost.  As a result, we miss the moments between our breath that allow our spirituality to emerge and  connect us in a different way than we are used to. 

Sometimes, we need to slow in order to get the things done that really matter.  The moments that we miss are the ones that really count; they are the ones that connect us to ourselves and to each other.  Think about the last time you let your mind wander to wherever it wanted to go........think about where it went and how it felt.  Amazing, right?!?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not only slowed down today ... I'm in a complete fog! It's too hot down here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your warmth Diana! I wish you lots of inner explorations!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site.
    Mindfulness Meditation Kingston & New Malden

    ReplyDelete