Monday, February 14, 2011

Tarot Cards and Affirmations

Here I sit back at my desk after being away from writing for a full week. The last seven days have been full of work, fun and many beginnings. I am working diligently pulling together all the loose strings of the “Deserving Women” group, creating brochures and other advertising materials, finding a room for the weekly workshop and just, generally, spreading the word that something incredible is about to happen.

Feeling exuberated and running with the adrenaline that is created from that passion, I found myself sometimes fleetingly wondering, if something was going to stop me any time soon. It all seemed to be flowing at an incredibly fast and, yet, smooth pace. I was intrigued with my reflection of these moments as they presented both annoyance and incredible awakening. Annoyance was presented because I knew that these thoughts were just elements of my past disturbing a beautiful experience. Awakening was achieved because, instead of allowing them to control this moment, I found the strength to push them aside and continue with my vision.

Then reiteration that I was on the right path came when I had the opportunity to sit through another tarot card reading. It has been 6 months since my last one (see blog post in August, 2010 “Bonita”) and the readings were like night and day. This time I sat calmly and at peace in front of my reader, and I felt a sense of optimism emanating from the stacks of cards. She had about 8 stacks of cards and each was cut 3 times before she read them. She told me many things and all of them hit home. I heard phrases like “trying to find balance”, “you have passed the test”, “you’re a deep thinker” and “you are finally practicing self love”. All of these were positive and provided me with the affirmation that I already had of being in a very good place, but I wanted more, something specific and valid.

And then, just as I was wishing for that one sentence, it arrived like a butterfly landing on your arm when you least expect it. “Do you write?” I looked at her and giggled. She continued with more emphasis, “You are a writer, and you are so good at it.” “You need to keep going with that, because you are book-publishing good”. I was speechless. Until now, I have been the only one to say the words, “I am a writer”, and it took me a lifetime to do so. I was now sitting across from someone who I had never met, and she said the words again, “You are a writer.”

She leaned forward and gazed deeply into my eyes, “you need to continue on this path my dear; this is your destiny”. I looked at her and tears welled up in my eyes. I sat up, met her gaze and said, confidently, “I know”.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great story, and I LOVE the way you told it. Now that's one for the archives! xo

    ReplyDelete