Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deserving Love

The last couple of days have been difficult as I watch and listen to my friend who is moving through a tumultuous time. What is so devastating for me is the unnecessary grief that has been bestowed upon her. Then I wonder, is there really a reason for everything? Was this all meant to be? How do we come to these moments in our lives when nothing really seems to make any sense?

I have been through many times of disparage. When I thought that nothing would be better, clear or good again; when my marriage was anything but perfect and my life felt void of any purpose. The ebb and flow over the years and the fight to want it all to work brought me to where I am now. A long journey and a will to get to the destination is what it took. But, I did not work alone, and that is the missing link for many. I am grateful for a man who grew with me and made the effort to understand me when I may not have made much sense to him. He took the time to believe in me even when he didn’t believe in or understand what I was doing. Through all the disagreements and challenges that we faced, we always had each other’s back; a partnership in the end; a meeting of souls.

Through my recent and most significant evolution, I was sceptical that he would not endure my transformation. But, he hung in and allowed me to follow my intuition knowing that I would ensure he would fit into the equation. And he was right because he trusted me and I trusted him; silent communication and unspoken respect. That is love, and that is what we are all deserving of.  xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping your hubby reads this lovely tribute of positive reinforcement. Your love-deserving theme of previous posts has been the perfect lead-in. xo

    ReplyDelete