Saturday, December 31, 2011

Card Making and Talented Friends

I love making cards, and I do so on a regular basis.  They are crafty and do not meet any professional standards at all.  They serve a purpose as they fill my creative needs and they allow me  to send some homemade love to my family and friends.  However, I have a few friends who have taken the art of card making to amazing and marketable levels.  Although the process provides much joy to the artist, I know that it takes effort to put aside the time needed to pull out
the paper, paint and glitter in order to create such masterpieces.

These cards captured my heart as soon as I opened the envelope flap.  A truly inspiring card will make you smile the moment you see it for the first time, and these did just that for me.  
Enjoy the inspirations that were sent to me this season! xoxo
 
"Jake in a Sweater"
by Jane Tohill
Vancouver, B.C.

"Dear Ones"
by Jocelyn Hession

"Snow Flake"
by Alison Pinkerton

5 comments:

  1. WOW....I just saw this post with...of course, Jane, Jocelyn and Me!!! Time goes by, distance keeps us apart, but those bonds from The Downtown Workout remain forever!!! What kind words.... I always feel in good company with you ladies. xo ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is much that will keep us apart. Distance even seems to inspire us to make getting together happen!! Much love, diana xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handmade love is such an honour to receive...and to give. These are truly amazing!!! Vitality and happiness to you in 2012 friend...in my reflections this week, you were high on the list of what I'm most grateful for this year. Txo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm in good company! We were a great team then and now!
    Happy New Year girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Diana! thanks for stopping by....I found the article about Buddha on line and then followed the author's track. I thought of you, she is very interesting, given the stuff she had to deal with.
    have a great week
    cheers

    ReplyDelete