Saturday, September 24, 2011

Moving Towards My Best

I often ask people "who are you at your best?" and "who are you at your worst?"  They don't need to share the answers to these question with me; they just need to reflect on the thoughts that arise as a result of them.  I often wonder about a time when I was at my best most of the time.  It would have been a time when I was most comfortable with myself; when I was confident, lived my life simply and with ease, and laughed freely and spontaneously. 

It was yesterday when I remembered that time of my life.  It all came to me as I was laying in Shavasana at the end of my Yin yoga session with yoga instructor, Gillian Sadinsky.   I listened to her soothing voice and thought about how grateful I was that she had come back into my life after 30 years.  Yes, Gillian is one of the people from my "happy" days.  She quietly crept back into my circle after years of being outside of it.  It came to me as a bit of a shock; the fact that so much time had lapsed since I started living at my best again. However, I shifted that thought quickly as I became thankful that I was back.

Incredibly, as I now live my life more and more at my best, I am re-introduced to the people who were part of my past "best" time.  How they know to re-present themselves when I need the comfort that they offer is a mystery to me.  Synchronicity is all I can come up with; being open to all that is possible, and then allowing what you need to envelop you, is how it works.   Consciously stepping quietly away from those who don't align with who we are creates the space that we need to welcome or re-welcome those who do.

And so, people from my past, Gillian and so many more, are slowly and steadily re-entering my safe little happy place.  I welcome them and thank them for coming back home.

Gillian also teaches Yoga Thrive ~ yoga for cancer survivors http://www.livingstudios.ca/

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I didn't know that Gillian taught Yoga - please say hi for me! xo

    ReplyDelete