Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Soulful Listening

I listened to my soul yesterday, and took the day off of all things pressing.  I decided to move slowly and go with my flow instead of the rest of the world's.  With this intention, I moved through the grocery store with ease and enjoyed feeling and smelling the food I was about to buy and, ultimately, transform into tasty meals.  Once home, I was already in a different mindset from the days preceding this one.  I was moving with more grace, and I decided to put some music on; Patsy Clline cooing 'San Antonio Rose'.  I cooked all afternoon, and let my mind wander.  Athough not intentionally dancing, I felt myself circling the kitchen island in time with the ebb and flow of Patsy's voice.  Every now and again, I checked the clock and was surprised at how slowly time was passing.  How wondrous it is when we allow ourselves to revel in the moment and choose the experience of the joy that encompasses us.  After hours of cooking, creating and making a beautiful mess, I was suddenly interrupted by the door opening and slamming shut, and the word, "Mom" being called out; a different part of my world entered the house.  My daughter came upstairs and sat at the counter; she smiled at the clutter that surrounded her.  We chatted as I cleaned up and she devoured a plateful of samosas,; I quickly chose to see the wonderfulness of what had just been included in my mindful and soulful afternoon.

Patsy Cline's San Antonio Rose

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I know and love this feeling. One of my all time favourite things to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what was on the menu after all this food prep ... time is always flying by the time I get to the kitchen, so it's a mad dash of multi tasking. Your version is so much better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's truly magical what happens when we live in a moment.... Time Stands still. Life really is found in the minute details of everyday moments, that we miss when we race through life. Your day sounded lovely ....
    Txo

    ReplyDelete