Friday, June 3, 2011

Girl lmagine

I look at this “Imagine” collage everyday as it rests on my desk right above my computer along with all the other wonderful gifts that I have received from friends over the last little while. This is where I come to write and when I need to feel all the love that is given to me. I often look at the woman who is “imagining” and wonder what her dreams were made of.


As I glanced at her this morning, I moved in and tried to see passed her eyes; the “windows to the soul”. I notice that she is younger than I thought before. From a distance, she provides a feeling of experience and knowing. Upon getting closer, I see innocence and longing.

“Imagine”. A word that opens up a whole great big realm of possibility. “What if”? A question that gives us the same dreamy feeling of something that might be. I used to think, “if only I had more money”, “if only I had more time”, “if only I had more talent”, “if only I were like her”, “if only......” Now I realize that I had all of these things.

We really don’t need a lot of money; the more we have, the more we spend. We really do have loads of time; we just chose to dedicate it to things that we think we should do, rather than to things that we want to do (I will keep telling you this until you “get it”). We have an abundance of talent but, unfortunately, opt to ignore it. And, we really need to stop wanting to be like someone else and enjoy everything about being ourselves.

Looking at “Girl Imagine” again, I see someone posing confidently for the camera thinking, “Ya, take my picture because I’m amazing, and I’m going to do everything in my life that I ever dreamed of doing”. I know that she ended up “being” exactly who she is; I wonder what she ended up doing................



1 comment:

  1. I love that 'Imagine Gril' has led you to do so much imagining. Imagine how much fun we're going to have in the city next week!

    ReplyDelete