Thursday, September 2, 2010

Unexpected

Yesterday, I was on the run. Fitting in appointments and errands into the pre-school hustle is always a bit of a challenge. In between all of this, I managed to check the mail and pull out the “box 2, compartment a” postal key. This is a treat as it is always an unexpected pleasant surprise. I turned the key, opened the door, and, there it was; the box. Pulling it out, I glanced at the return address. It was from her. Inside the house, I was like a little kid opening a Christmas present. A card with the words “you are so deserving” and a necklace with inscriptions of “live life, love life” and “follow your heart”; inspiring messages from an inspiring woman. In the box was a lovely musical jewellery box to hold my new gems. The beauty is not really in the gifts but, in the thought and time taken to send them from far away. The timing of these gifts is impeccable as only she will know; they arrived on the first day of my birthday month.

I had a great night’s rest last night and as I stepped out of the shower this morning I heard the door bell ringing. Subsequent knocking prompted me to throw on my jammies and greet the persistence of this early morning caller. And there she was with gifts in tow, her contagious smile beaming from ear to ear. She immediately threw a pastel purple Hawaiian lay around my neck and announced that this was my last “lay” as a 40 year old!! The handmade card was special all on its own as it had all the touches that only she was able to create; the outside held a well thought out added piece with the engraving, “peace comes from within”. On the inside was a smaller card within the card that included an individualized message to me. A small purple gift bag was home to matching purple tissue paper holding another of her creations; a gold necklace holding black and bronze charms, hand-picked to match my daily neutral attire. Unique creations designed with me in mind. Most appreciated was the time spent to fit this into her busy life. Well timed as I will be leaving tomorrow and will be away for my birthday.

Always expect the unexpected from these women as they work on telepathic powers; spiritual airways that have powerful intuitive forces. These are the traits of long and fast friends. Unselfish and kind and forever “just there”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlcW_lKPl4
Carol King ~ "You've Got A Friend"

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....we love you....you are a special woman and so, you truly are a divine friend who deserves to be spoiled! xoxoxo ali

    ReplyDelete