Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Burning Bush and Smiling

Since closing my old business and opening my new one, I have noticed a change in the spring in my step.  My neck is not bothering me as much, and I have a lot more energy than I  have had in a long time.  My medications are regulated better than ever since I was diagnosed with Rheumatiod Arthritis 5 years ago.  I feel like I have found the recipe of balance in more ways than one.  Having over thought turning 50 was a big waste of time and energy as it turned out to be the turning point toward what I think are going to be the best years of my life. 

I had this epiphany yesterday fter meditating for 15 minutes in my living room, I opened my eyes to view the spectacular vision of my "Burning Bush".  It was breath taking and its transformation of color from a subdued green/brown to a brighter than bright red reminded me of a person (me) who had been smiling without being happy, and then had suddenly awakened to discover what she needed to do to smile from actually "being" happy.  Once she had this revelation, she began to do her happy dance and her colours shone so bright that it was blinding.

Later that day, I was listening to the song, "Smile" and everything was reiterated again. I  have listened to this song a hundred times and always believed that smiling through my deepest pain would make everything better.  It occurred to me that you also need to "do" something to make things better; which is exactly what I have finally been able to do.  I still love this song because it takes you in the right direction taking you from the "thinking" to the "doing".

Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though its breaking
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

I realized that even though I was happy with everything around me, my family, friends, home, etc., I was not happy with myself. I was always positive and smiling and everyone praised me for this, but I was not content or fulfilled. It's great to be able to smile through your troubles, but remember that, in the end, this does not take away your unhappiness or fill your void. Actually, doing what is required to fulfill your authentic self is what will ultimately make you happy and smile without even trying.  If you listen to and watch Judy Garland (above link), you will hear and see happiness and sadness; not in balance, but instead competing with one another (her demise was not a pretty one).  One of them has to win, and we all have the ability to make the happiness rule!!!!

When I opened my eyes and saw the blazing red of the "Burning Bush" I reveled at the fact that its personality had jumped out at the same time that mine had. A true sign that we are all part of this great universe, working in unison with nature and all other people. And so, today I dare you to shine bright in your own unique way without worrying what anyone thinks or says. Do something that makes you smile without trying to.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment