Monday, September 20, 2010

"Feel Good"

Well, this weekend was made up of so many “feel good” moments that I am overwhelmed with everything that goes along with that!! My girlfriend swept me away to Toronto to attend the Queen West Art Crawl. This has become an annual event as we celebrate my birthday with our very good friend who graciously invites us into her home for the weekend. We are treated to our very own space in her home, and welcomed with fabulous food and drink and extraordinarily good company.

As I moved through all of the planned events, from cupcake decorating, wearing a “cake” hat and blowing out candles, opening presents and homemade cards, shopping, dining, and non-stop talking and laughing, it occurred to me how such simple pleasures can make you feel so good! There was no real purpose to anything that we did other than to enjoy each moment. The openness of conversation and thoughts was freeing as the element of trust was obvious and yet, never discussed. Sharing mutual passions and problems, but never clear cut solutions, provided us with a feeling of knowing that someone else out there faces the same challenges, dreams and optimism as each of us do.  The gratitude that I feel towards my friends for generously giving me such a wonderful gift of goodness is difficult to describe. I think they know what this weekend meant to me, and for that I am thankful. 

Watching my friend’s daughter interact with those who flocked to her art booth in the park was a definite “feel good” moment. The passion that she has for her work is contagious and inspiring. She comes by this honestly as her mother exudes creativity and the love of art ~ more “feel good”.

Now, off to manifest the good feelings and domino them on to the rest of my life and everyone who surrounds me. Hope you are receiving a taste of my “feel good” energy as I send it your way........



  Danielle outside her booth getting some "feel good" lovin’ from a friend. 

My favourite "feel good" work by Danielle


1 comment:

  1. We all had a good dose of 'feel good,' but thanks for sharing these sweet photos.xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete