Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Wishes for Kate

If I saw you for the very first time,
I would see your greatness brightly shine.
The outward message from your incredible smile,
Would exude compassion for a very long while.
You would carry yourself with dignity and pride,
And your gestures would hide any hurt from inside.

When you spoke I would catch your very cute lisp,
Your head would turn and your hair would thus wisp.
You would stand with your posture so straight and so sure,
Like royalty sending intentions of calm and demure.
I would see the small lines on your beautiful face,
That tell me you’ve been in a vulnerable place.

We would become friends and I’d learn so very much,
That kindness is given through a chat or a touch.
That listening is a gift that you give oh so well,
And compassion, an art at which you excel.
I would see that you always intend to have fun,
With your kids, your friends and a special loved one.

You would teach me that trust is something that’s earned,
And once it’s betrayed can be justifiably burned.
You would show me that motherhood is stronger when modelled,
And a man should be loved, but not overly coddled.
I would reap the rewards of support and your love,
And would see that one’s strength needs a break when it’s shoved.

As friends we would celebrate your special day,
And I would pray that great blessings would come your way.
I would wish you much ease to grow and evolve,
And much fewer great problems, yet to be solved.
I would hope to come true your dreams of the night,
And that day time intentions would be within sight.

I would see I’m so blessed with your presence and grace,
And that I’m thankful we met in so many ways.
As we’d move through this friendship there’s only one thing,
That I’d wish that this lifetime will certainly bring,
I would hope that your life is filled with only the best,
Including the greatness of true loving-kindness.
xoxo

dianareyers

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful....you write so beautifully. You Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a tribute!. I agree with MB! xoxo

    ReplyDelete