Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Blessed Jolt of Reality

I woke up this morning to this beautiful ray of sunshine coming through my front door window.  It gave me a smile on my face as I sat with my breakfast writing in my brightly lit kitchen.  I was filled with a sense of joy and a little more energy than I usually have at that time of the day as I got ready to go out for my morning coffee.  It was there that I confirmed that someone breached mine and my friend’s trust by lying about us in order to feed her own ego. Amidst the flow of coffee conversation with my friend, the story unintentionally unfolded, and we were both surprised at what had transpired unbeknownst to one another.


After a bit of reflection, I am at peace with knowing the truth. The truth has now provided me with the freedom of knowing which direction to take with that part of my life. The concept of listening to your intuition and reading the messages that your feelings provide you is what I encourage within the Authentic Leadership groups. Yet, I found myself stuck in a community of “non-support” that I didn’t have the courage to leave. Even though it is a very small part of my life, it wreaks of darkness and gives me just enough imbalance to throw my sense of joy off.   It is stronger than the light coming through my door, and it creates a fear that I didn't understand until now.  Without understanding it, I couldn’t leave it.

Today’s revelation of intentional hurt and betrayal brings much clarity to why I have that “icky” feeling when involved with this part of my life. I was waiting for the proof, rather than trusting my inner self to guide me in the right direction. The imbalance or balance of good and bad was all I needed to listen to. 

Sometimes we don’t need the proof of logic. Usually, the proof is in the clues that our feelings provide us. Anger, shame, hurt, sadness and anxiety are all indicators that something is not right in our world. Taking the time to find out what is triggering these feelings is the key to either solving a problem or walking away. At the same time, being awake to times of joy, laughter, peace and harmony provide us with the message that we are in a good place and the right spot for us. The next step is recognizing that you are deserving of all of the wonderful feelings, and that you have the choice to move away from the ones that don't feel so good.

I am blessed to have received one more jolt of reality in order to understand more clearly what route I am taking.  xo

1 comment:

  1. Well said my sweet. This too shall pass and it makes us stronger. Xo

    ReplyDelete