Monday, May 30, 2011

Orange, Orange Everywhere

Lately I have been drawn to the colour orange. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a beautiful summer silk scarf with shades of orange and red; I can’t stop wearing it. I then found myself seeking an orange lipstick to match the scarf. Not only did I find the perfect one, but I added an orange liner and a top coat of orange gloss. When accompanied by my new scarf, I get an instant “feel good”!!

Never before have I worn orange or, even thought of wearing orange. Before now, it would have been the last colour I would try on. Now, when I go shopping everything I’m attracted to has orange in it. Last week I went to a party, and 4 women there had orange tops on. I open a magazine and I see orange. Orange seems to be everywhere.

I was reminded by one of my friends that there is an orange chakra, and I was curious to learn more about its significance. I learned that orange governs the sacral chakra situated in the lower abdomen. It represents happiness confidence and resourcefulness. Such synchronicity given that I am the happiest and most self confident than any other time in my life. This past year, I have had to be incredibly resourceful in my quest to live my best life possible.

Looking further into orange, I found out that the positive aspects of this colour provides creativity, joy and independence. “Orange is the colour of success and relates to self respect; having the ability to give ourselves the freedom to be ourselves and helps you expand your interests and activities. It brings joy to our workday and strengthens our appetite for life! Orange is the best emotional stimulant. It connects us to our senses and helps to remove inhibitions and makes us independent and social”.

Wow!! I’m not sure if I found orange or if orange found me, but I am grateful to have it in my life; keep it coming!

1 comment:

  1. In addition to all your intuitive connections to it, orange is definitely a great colour for your blonde hair and skin tones! xo

    ReplyDelete