Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finding the perfect.............

The perfect purse, the most efficient wallet, the ultimate shoes, the best fitting pants, that little black dress; these are a few of my favourite things. You know when you have found one of your favourite things as soon as you hold it on your arm, open it up or try them on. You usually find the best of the best when you’re not looking for it; you just seem to stumble upon it.

When I bra shop, it’s because I set aside the time to do just that. It is a chore. Along with bathing suit shopping, it is the worst task known to a woman. My breasts are not large. I have one breast that is larger than the other. One is a B cup, while the other is between an A and a B cup; just enough of a difference to cause problems. If I get a bra to fit the smaller breast and it has any push up feature, the larger breast always seeps out the top. The seepage would be fine if equally distributed between the two girls, but tight fitting t-shirts emphasize the size deficiency of the smaller one. Push ups are not an option.

Under wire bras may provide support for some, but I value comfort, so steel framing my breasts is not an option. I have tried them. I’ve tried on and purchased the most expensive brands. I’ve had sales women ensure me that “this is the ultimate bra”. After a day of wearing the bra, I quickly realize that this is not the bra of the century. The hard half moon cuts into my skin, and I want to rip it off.

Then one night I am watching T.V. and the commercial comes on with the "most comfortable" bras ever. The material feels like you aren’t wearing anything at all and the fit is close to perfection. I buy one. That “amazing” microfiber material feels like velvet against my skin. I am sure that I have finally found my favourite bra. Not. Within hours it has stretched out just enough that it feels like it has grown a full size. Eventually, my skin starts peaking out of the bottom of each cup, and I am continually adjusting my breasts to proper alignment. Too much work.

At this point, you may be wondering why I am going on and on about my bra shopping escapades. Well, the reason is that I am resorting to seeking the help of other women. Surely to God one of you has found a bra that fits properly, is supportive without having metal in it, and is comfortable without needing to be hand washed and doesn’t stretch.

Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Come on ladies, let’s talk bras.

No comments:

Post a Comment