Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Stuck"

Have you ever been sitting somewhere or doing something, and you thought, “I don’t think I can do this anymore?” And, you really mean it; you are done! You are bored, tired and completely uninspired. Whether your predicament stems from your job, spouse, the house or the city where you live, I am willing to bet it is because you had expectations and you settled.

You remember when you were young and you had dreams about where you would be in 10 years. Are you there? The real question of course is, “why do we settle?” Ah, go back one post ~ it’s all about our perception of being deserving or not. And then we starting thinking well, it’s too late to change anything; I’m stuck. Not so. Being “stuck” is again a paradigm of a situation. Really the feeling of being stuck is a very clear message that you need to do something different. Since we only live one life and are able to live each day only once and each moment is fleeting, perhaps you need to listen to that little voice and think about how to get unstuck. Think about how you can change the one thing that you can’t stand anymore. Think about what you can add to your life without changing anything else. Think about how you can change your way of thinking about being stuck to why you are stuck, and before you know it, you are solving the problem. Maybe you just think you are stuck, but your levels of gratitude have shifted.

All in all, wondering and hoping are fun until we begin to feel unfulfilled because we just dreamed of what we wanted and never did anything to make the dreams come true. Many people comment on all of the things that I have done in my life; some critically and some in awe. I have looked at every challenge and change as an opportunity and experience. Never once did I hesitate to do something that seemed intriguing. I have often felt “stuck”, but I never stayed there long because I’m not a "settling" kind of gal!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the best role models I know for your ability to 'unstick' yourself, and embrace change! xoxo

    ReplyDelete