Friday, October 15, 2010

Stardust

Last night, feeling tired and unable to think any more, I sat back with a glass of wine, closed my eyes and listened to “Stardust” over and over again. The more I played it, the more absorbed I got in the melody, and the lyrics, and I wondered how Peggy Lee had created such a velvety texture to her voice. It wasn’t until I was searching for this rendition to share with you today that I realized that it was not Peggy Lee, but Doris Day singing with such bliss and passion. I tried to figure out what it was that so attracted me to this song. Why was it soothing me and drawing me in?
After many repeats, I realized that it wasn’t just the words or the sound of her voice that captivated me; it was the ambiance that she created that was alluring. The combination of the instrumental arrangement, the lyrics and the emotion that she somehow incorporated into every breath of the song is enthralling. She was living and breathing everything about this song. This is a story of someone she knew; a love story gone awry.

When you have time, sit back, click on the link below, and close your eyes and relax.  Let yourself be swept away into this mystical story of intrigue. In no time you will feel her love, her pain and her hopefulness.

xo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOG4zHUMZ7E

No comments:

Post a Comment