Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eek, I'm Out of Balance!!!!!!!

I took yesterday off from writing in my blog because I was so busy with regular work. I can’t believe that I actually just typed that because it exemplifies everything that I don’t believe in right now; being imbalanced and not prioritizing things that are important to me. Thank goodness I looked down at the “feedjit” bar and saw how many people had checked in with me this morning. You have made me accountable, and now I am motivated to post again.


My life is a little out of balance right now, but I recognize that this will be just for a short period of time. Getting my presentations up and going has been time consuming, along with, simultaneously, starting work at the college. This is more than I have worked in a long time! I got so caught up in everything I was doing that I forgot to take my meds last night and this morning as I rushed out the door at 8 a.m. My presentation at the high school went well, but half way through my body started to ache and I remembered that I had forgotten to take my pills. I grabbed a coffee on the way home and ingested my little friends; just waiting for them to take effect..........

It is amazing how dependent I have become upon my concoction of prescriptions, as well as, the consistency of work / life balance. My body and mind definitely depend on me choosing an effective ratio between the two. Being able to make this choice is certainly a gift and one that I hold on to with much gratitude. It was with passion that I tried to send this message to the students I presented to this morning. If even one 15 year old in that classroom understands and implements this concept, I will be happy.

Well, unfortunately my balance is a bit out of whack and so, I need to bid you adieu as I get ready to go to work. I promise a post with more substance tomorrow.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment