Sunday, April 24, 2011

4 Day Weekend Bliss


Easter weekend began with a walk at in the woods on Good Friday with my daughter and our four legged buddy, Jake. Getting out in the fresh air with free time on our side was a welcome reprieve from the busyness of a regular work day. A leisurely walk turned into a brisk one as our canine companion led the way motivated by fresh spring scents. Stopping for photos was difficult as he was not interested in stopping and posing. The only rest we had was when Jake decided the lake was a water dish and drank relentlessly to satisfy his thirst. Once back at the parking lot, we realized that we had walked our route faster than ever before when our goal was really to stroll and play with our camera. Jake’s eyes were slowly closing five minutes after loading him in the car and his panting had subsided. He slept most of the rest of the day, and twitched often as he dreamed of chipmunks and squirrels.

Impatient Puppy

Thirsty Puppy

Saturday provided us with the pace we were seeking the day before as we went downtown for a little shopping. It stopped raining just as we parked the car, and we walked slowly down the main street, lattes in hand. Visiting one of my favourite shops, Very Shari, gave me my “Goddess”, “Gods” and “good energy” fix. Buddhas, angels, crystals, gems, stones and all things representing great Karma were in abundance as I saw and felt shelves of baubles, trinkets, statues and jewellery. I filled the afternoon absorbed in making Easter cards and playing in my newly rejuvenated art room.  The evening brought dinner with my husband’s family and a few quiet hours watching T.V.

One of the Great Gods at "Very Shari" in Kingston, On

Today began with an egg hunt which became a friendly, yet competitive, game between my daughter and her father; she won 45 eggs to 35. Afterwards, we met my family for brunch at Bistro Stephan. Upon our return home, I walked around my garden pleased to see the spring bulbs beginning to bloom. However, my smile faded as I was saddened to find an abandoned robin’s egg thrown out of its nest and resting in the dried grasses below.
Spring Bulbs

I now sit blogging having enjoyed a cup of tea and the ears I bit off of my Lindt dark chocolate bunny. I am thinking of a nap and then maybe a walk before beginning the Sunday dinner prep. All in all I am feeling at peace and rejuvenated while looking forward to yet another day of doing what I enjoy tomorrow. I am hopeful that you have taken advantage of this 4 day weekend blessing by spending it exactly the way you wanted!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Looks like a pretty good haul of yummy treats, plus some great new photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete