Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Mentor

When thinking about who I consider my mentor to be, I am stuck as there are so many people who I look up to. Some are older than me and some much younger. I find it difficult to choose just one individual as the person who has taught, guided or inspired me. As I reflect on a number of people in my life, I cannot narrow it down to one as I have a mentor who represents each aspect of my existence.

As you move through the weeks heading toward Christmas, remember to keep your days and thoughts in balance as best you can. Take the time to reflect on all of the wonderful people in your life and how they have contributed to the many pieces of who you are as a whole person. Take the time to smile at a stranger and welcome a new friend in to your life.

Here are a few of my mentors:

My husband who taught me to be a woman of great integrity. Forever choosing to make choices that reflect my own values without compromising my true self, my family or friends.

My son who taught me to be my authentic self and to believe in my dreams.

My daughter who taught me how to figure out that life can have many paths and it is possible to find joy in each one of them.

My mother and father who taught me that longevity in a relationship would include some turbulence along the way.

My mother in law who taught me that being unselfish is extraordinarily complimentary.

My sister in law who taught me that giving more than you receive provides great joy.

My sister, Emily who is no longer with us, taught me that the greatest gifts come from my children.

My sister, Fran who taught me that letting your children go is the most difficult thing in the world, but that they are always with you no matter how far away they may be.

My niece, Jacqueline who taught me that being courageous when confronted with adversity will give you great confidence and strength, and that the comfort of a friend is the icing on the cake.

My aunt, Rita who taught me that being a mom can be challenging and rewarding at the same time, and that if you follow your heart, you have done the best you can.

My friend, Jane who taught me that every one deserves to be themselves and follow their own happiness, wherever it may take them.

My friend, Jocelyn who taught me to be my true self and to never deviate from that plan, and that friends may be absent for a while and then pop up when you least expect them to.

My friend, Teri who taught me the meaning of loyalty, trust and friendship.

My friend, Alison who taught me how to take the time to figure out who I am and to find joy in my life wherever I can.

My friend, Kate who taught me how to be brave and face life head on, and that nothing in life is that important to feel that bad.

My friend, Janet who taught me that it is never to late to change your path, no matter what or how long it takes.

And my friend's daughter and my friend Angie who taught me that you can figure all of this out at a very young age, survive and be happy.

Lastly, all the people who I haven't mentioned who I learn something from every time we meet and speak.

Lots of love to everyone in my life and to those who have yet to enter into it!!!!  xoxo

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow Diana, what a beautiful tribute to your peeps! I'm honoured to be in such great company! xo

    ReplyDelete