Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Voo Doo and Sponges

I just came back from presenting a “Dare to Manage Stress” workshop to a group of college students. They were so attentive and respectful; really trying to absorb my “voo doo” rituals and paradigms on managing stress or our perception of it. I was incredibly impressed and left there with a feeling of great gratitude and satisfaction. My goal is that if I only touch one person in a positive way at each of these meetings, I have done my job. Remarkably, not one woman challenged me on my views or opinions. One or two disagreed and voiced her opinion, but none of them brought it to a level of confrontation.  They even sat quietly and reflectively through a meditation activity!

I thought about why this was so. How often do you have 25 women in a room with nary the sound of a cough? When I was a young teen, my entire unconscious being evolved around being right. I could argue my parents into tears and none of my boyfriends ever had a chance of winning an argument because my voice would tire them out before they even had a chance. After much contemplation, I have to believe that it is the result of what I have predicted all along; this generation is craving the balance they have never had the opportunity to experience. It’s like it’s an innate desire, and they don’t even realize what their minds and bodies are yearning for. Once they hear what they are capable of creating, they are drawn to it like puppies to petting. Finding out that you can be empowered without being loud is a huge revelation.

And so I have confirmed the fact that I have chosen the right path, and I will continue to allow my intuition to guide me. Of all the things that I have allowed to guide me in my life, my feelings have never failed me. I look in my day timer and see that there are no presentations scheduled for the next 2 weeks. Is it time for a break, or should I seek out the next group of sponges? Onward and upward.........but first a little rest.

1 comment:

  1. Who can argue with someone who walks the talk and talks the truth?

    ReplyDelete