Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes!!!!

Everyone has reconciled, and it seems that, along with spring, forgiveness is also in the air. I love people and the way they are able to adapt to other’s neurosis. It appears that I reverted to my old self under stress; not a pretty picture. And to top it all off, my body decided to go into “period” mode after 6 months. Never a good thing when you are trying to juggle what seems like a hundred things and your hormones move into overdrive. I will admit, the ping pong effect of those little monsters play havoc on my reasoning skills.

I know that most women don’t like to admit that their hormones affect their judgement, but in my case, they do. I also get tired, frustrated and short tempered. I am unable to focus on small tasks, and the things that I do focus on are, in reality, unimportant and petty; thus, my melt down yesterday.

In the past, I would have thought me a bad person, and I would have allowed the “guilty” gods to take over my very soul. But instead, I reflected on my thoughts, my feelings and my actions and forgave myself and then let it all go. I took myself out to run some last minute errands for my upcoming trip to Vancouver with my daughter, bought a new CD and sat with a latte for an hour thinking of absolutely nothing. The power of the moment is worth more than anything that has happened or is forthcoming.

I bid you all adieu for the upcoming week as I will be taking a break from the blogging world while immersing myself into my friend’s company that will include shopping therapy accompanied by wine and a lot of laughter. xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time away, and give your brain a little holiday too sweet friend. It's going to feel great! xo

    ReplyDelete