Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reactions

Reactions are interesting as they are individually different and, although often expected, can also be very unexpected.  Since the change in my business direction due to a medical change, I have received many responses to this news.  I was overwhelmed with the genuine concern, empathy and support that I received from most of my clients, family and friends.  The majority of them stressed the importance of my health and happiness, and expressed excitement in regards to the new direction I am taking with my business.  Others, however, viewed the change as somewhat of a death; a tragedy, as if a part of me had died and I would never get it back again.  I felt as if I was in the line up in a wake consoling those attending the mourning of the deceased.  As the days progress, my emotions are swaying up and down keeping in rhythm with each response to my new endeavor.  It is exhausting anticipating how someone will react, and then reiterating over and over again that this is the path I was meant to take; it is not defeat, it is not a setback.  I am still me as I was; an entirely new side of me is being revealed and it is incredibly freeing.  I am not afraid to move forward and discover another part of me that I can share with the universe. Since my notice of change, I have been presented with many new opportunities.  They presented themselves in the oddest of venues and situations.  Every day I wait for what I will be reflecting on as I lay my head on my pillow at night.  Come with me and open your hearts and minds to newness and the excitement of endless possibilities ~ I dare you!!!

1 comment: